Pearland child burned in bathtub accident
An 18-month-old boy was hospitalized Wednesday night after accidentally scalding himself in the bath in his Pearland home, according to the Pearland Police Department.
Pearland EMS and police were dispatched at about 9:25 p.m. Wednesday to the 2400 block of Eagles Way, PPD spokesperson Lt. Onesimo Lopez said. They found that the boy had been under the care of a 12-year-old girl, who briefly left him alone in the bathtub.
While the girl was out of the bathroom, the baby reached up and turned the tub faucet to the highest hot-water setting, Lopez said. The water struck him in the back of the neck and ran down his back.
The girl heard the baby screaming, came back to the bathroom, and turned the faucet off.
Pearland EMS initially requested a LifeFlight helicopter, but called it off once they sized up the baby's injuries and decided he was in stable condition. The child was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital.
"The burns resulted in some reddening of the skin and blisters to the back of his neck," Lopez said.
No charges will be filed over the incident, he added.
Local Advertising by PaperG